Subject: [Leica] What are the rumors around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:23:42 -0500

My R system does not have to "come back"
because it never went away.
It actually exists within time (now) and space (here)
and continues to earn its keep virtually every week.

I have no desire to mount Leica R glass on N, C or other bodies
(been there / done that)
unless and until auto diaphragm is maintained when mounted;
and the image file quality meets or exceeds DMR quality.

The M digital system is in a class by itself.
Digital range finder = zero competition at any price point for the moment.

The S2 is also in a class by itself (large "medium format" sensor in a
closed system)
yet sits, with a few others, "among" the best DSLR camera systems in the
world.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com