Subject: [Leica] What are the rumours around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 07:49:02 +1000

But George The S2 is already there to compete against those options. You can
see that the lenses are only slowly trickling to the market.
On those (13 month old) Euro prices the R10 projected retail for a body
would have been USD7900 to USD9200 (just as direct currency conversion
today).
Then of course it needs to have a new AF lens range. The dedicated R lens
owners very likely would buy one even so but you guys are a smaller sub-set
of the (too small) possible market as Stefan has said.
 But never mind, I only just report what Leica Camera has said. I was 15 ft
from Herr Daniel when he said it to probably a couple of hundred Leica
enthusiasts and I saw the jaws drop ;-)
Courtesy of Andreas who runs the L Camera Forum,  here again is the official
translation and a link to the original German as well.
<
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/customer-forum/89591-summary-q-session-stefan-daniel-during.html

Let's hope then for all of the R folks that they have changed their mind and
the numbers have changed too.  They've made some more money since then ;-)
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman