Subject: [Leica] No prices on for sales
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 14:07:15 -0500

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
wrote:

 I will certainly not bother communicating with someone who does not include
his asking price.

Nathan, Ric, Vick, Chris  and Howard, et al,
It seems to me that price is the minimum.  You are trying to sell a big
ticket item, (and let's face it, dang near everything Leica is big ticket,)

Why on earth can't you take a few snaps of the items and put them online
somewhere, or at least have them at the ready for emailing to interested
potential buyers?

It is a pretty weak answer that "You already know what a lens hood looks
like."

I recently bought, and I  would never have dropped that kind of money on an
early M6 if I had not been (quickly) supplied with several nice images of
the camera.

The guy I bought from is an active poster on RFF, so I know him by
reputation, but people's attitudes about what constitutes "really nice
shape" differ.

Before I step off the soapbox, let me serve notice that it really turns me
off if someone says "Oh yeah, I just remembered, someone on the LUG might
want to buy this, but I put it on Ebay last week."   GRRRRRR.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com