Subject: [Leica] Africa - into Zimbabwe
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:18:46 +0930

After we left the Okavango, we spent a day in Maun and then headed
into Zimbabwe.  Bernie, the driver and I had struck up a good
coversational friendship by now, so I rode with him:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Africa+2009/Zimbabwe/img146a.jpg.html

We arrived in Victoria Falls town, the end of this part of the trip.
I hung around at our camp to help with the truck.  A couple of bands
holding the exhaust pipe to the truck had broken, so we got them
welded at a workshop and repaired the fastenings.  We changed the oil,
cleaned the engine and did some other minor repairs:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Africa+2009/Zimbabwe/img549a.jpg.html

And we had a drink afterwards.  This is Bernie, the driver:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Africa+2009/Zimbabwe/img555a.jpg.html

MP, 50/2 Hexanon, yellow filter.  Tri-X (first), Plus-X (other two), Xtol
1+3.

Comments etc welcome.

Marty

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Africa - into Zimbabwe)