Subject: [Leica] Amundsen's 100 anniversary - a very long post
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:40:56 +0200

Thanks Larry. When I was 8-10 years old in my native Poland, I did not want
to be a fireman or professional football player. I wanted to be a polar
explorer. I devoured books about the events you describe below, and others.
My heroes were indeed Nansen and of course Robert Peary (yes, I am aware of
the various controversies). As I read and learned more, I became more and
more disappointed that everything had apparently been discovered, so I gave
up my explorer dream by age 10 or 11. Then we moved to Denmark, I discovered
the joys of beer and girls, and all was well.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu