Subject: [Leica] 35 mm format is best?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:27:16 -0400

Trust me Jeffery I have long experience with Panatomic x it is my signature
film.  Panatomic in 35mm does not a Rolleiflex or Hasselblad make.
I had to prove that well known fact to myself before I started saving up for
medium format systems.
The bottom line with film as well as digital capture is always going to be
Real estate real estate real estate.
Acreage acreage acreage.
You can set your little format camera to iso 100 but as an image making tool
a larger format camera is going to still blow it out of the water on a slew
of accounts.
This is not my quirky opinion but the first thing anybody learns when they
get into photography either in the classroom, in the real world, or reading
a good photography book. The point in denying that is what? You don't get to
play with little cameras?

As far as this thread name goes... It is just as poorly thought out as the
text which was under it.
35mm is not "best" and I certainly never implied that and didn't see anybody
else imply that.
What is "best" is not crippling yourself with a format smaller than
necessarily to get the shot done well.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com