Subject: [Leica] Searching
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 02:45:54 -0400

Ted I remember the slide show in Portland of the LHSA members. October 2002.
They shot some Agfa we gave them in their gift bags and we ran it real quick
and put them in trays. You and Sal were the narrators or judges. Normally a
camera like club just like the LUG people are less gung ho about the
photography thing maybe more into their "collections" as can be expected but
you and Sal DiMarco  just let these guys have it! Took no prisoners! Rung
them out to dry over the hot briskets! It was great to see for a change. A
few red faces but I think people were intrigued..
It can be frustrating all this mouth watering gear used in such a half assed
way. I think if a stamp collector got a pair of late breaking high tech
titanium tweezers he's be more adapt at using them than lots of the Leica
people I know know how to use their Leica gear. Its like they just got it
yesterday.
It was great to see  I think a few of those guys got home and bought a brick
of film. Cellophane and all. Instead of the two rolls they always had in
their camera bag. And decided to be more in touch with their exquisite
equipment. Maybe even keep a lens or body long enough before selling it to
learn how to use.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com