Subject: [Leica] What's in the Bag?!?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:43:24 -0400

In my LOWEPRO SLING SHOT AW 100 I had with me till now I just got back
was/is; well
1. hanging off the top of it is my long sleeve shirt. I wear a tee shirt but
there are times you need sleeves. Like in a movie or a Barnes and Noble
coffee thing.
2. Hanging on it is a campus for coming out of the subway and crossing
central park at night or on an overcast day.
3 & 4. In the front small outer compartment are  pens pencils and a toenail
clipper.
5. Also a pedometer I've not quite figured out to measure my footsteps.
There is even a yellow highlighter. In the top compartment I keep my 6.
keys. In a pocket within a pocket. Both zipper and Velcro.
On the left side I keep a 7. umbrella which is a full 15 inches (38.1cm)
when collapsed. As when it rains it pours.
7. Inside is my  Nikon D200 with 55mm 3.5 macro. In it is an 8 gig card. I
carry no spare cards nor batteries most the time.
8. A bunch of maps. Many of them laminated. Subway maps. Street maps. One of
Brooklyn even though I don't go there so often any more.
9. Paper back book "A Room with a View" E. M. Forster which I paid a dollar
for. I'm on page nine.
10. A box of 5x7 Entrada rag natural 190 5x7 double sided 25 prints and in
it are about 25 prints I made. Laminated on that box is my NY busesss card
which of course does not have my address on it.
11. I see in a pocket which I forgot was there but I think for memory cards
I keep a very small folding Canon pocket calculator. As I long ago forgot
both short and long division. Let alone most other basic math. And you know
me it all comes down to the numbers. It has a solar cell in it which I find
pretty comical as I'm sure its never seen the sun nor never will.
12. I forgot.

That's my bag and whets in it. My day bag.
I'f I'm out to specify get a shot I'll carry a spare battery and card. And
another lens.
I also have the LOWEPRO SLING SHOT AW 200 for when I need to carry more
stuff but the zipper is loosing some of its zip teeth.
I also have the LOWEPRO SLING SHOT AW 300 for when I need to carry even more
stuff maybe medium format still including a laptop or stack of letter sized
prints but its kind of ugly and awkward and poorly designed but I like the
fact it warps around my waist with a thick belt strap.
I don't like the fact that unlike the others its not low key but makes you
look like you've got a ton of expensive gear on you.

So its a bag system as I have the same bag in small medium and large.
The small is very narrow so you're like Robin Hood.
Who I think is the new Zorro. You can get your stuff out of the way in the
very small of your back and really make time down the sidewalk and in narrow
shop aisles. Flip it around and your stuff is right in front of you in an
instant.
Slings rule as far as I go.
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com