Subject: [Leica] SearchingŠ
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 20:04:32 -0400

Hi, Ken -

Alamy and Getty are definitely not micro-stock.  Those would be iStock and
Dreamstine - two of the biggest.  Some of the prices I've been getting
lately from Alamy and Getty seem like microstock (!) but everything I have
with them is Rights Managed.  They used to say you needed 5000 marketable
photos to approach a stock agency but the internet changed all of that.
 With Alamy you need to have 4 that can pass their QC.  With Getty, just go
to their Flikr page and start uploading.  They'll pick out what they want.
 Photographer's Direct is a great way to sell stock without spending
anything.  Sign up for their want list and upload anything you have that
fits the requests.  I've made some really good sales through them.
http://www.photographersdirect.com/  Alamy is the best route, though.  Just
be sure to examine everything at 100% because if there is one dust spot on
one photo, they will fail them all.

Good luck!!

Tina