Subject: [Leica] have you seen the most perfect camera backpack?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:07:26 +0100

I am predisposed to like Crumpler products since I love their imaginative
websites and product names. I have two, and find I use them very little,
partly because of the acreage of velcro (I HATE velcro) and the thickness of
the protective foam in the dividers is so huge I find only very small
diameter lenses fit easily in the sections, and things are hard to get out.
Overall I am going to stick to just enjoying browsing their web sites...
I use Fogg and Domke shoulder bags and Fogg and Lowepro backpacks. The
Lowepro I only use for ease of carrying whilst travelling, transferring kit
to a bag when I arrive. I have a slingshot, which is a fair compromise, but
I have not tried the one big enough for a laptop. I expect it would be
uncomfortable to carry when full.
FWIW,
Frank

On 2 Sep, 2010, at 07:28, Marty Deveney wrote:

> The Crumpler backpacks are very soft and pliable.  The newest ones
> really fix the issues the older ones had.
>
> Marty
>
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:22 PM, philippe.amard <philippe.amard at sfr.fr>
> wrote:
>>
>> Le 2 sept. 10 ? 08:08, Marty Deveney a ?crit :

>>> That's the cool thing about the Crumplers - the design means that
>>> no-one can get at the contents from behind.
>>>

>> Some of them are so over-protective and stiff that they will deter even
>> the
>> owner from fumbling for a lens.
>> Alice had one, stolen with the gear last year, that would have needed hot
>> washing and ironing under a bulldozer a couple of times before becoming
>> usable.
>> I have now found her a much sexier and more practical Gola she really
>> enjoys.
>> Of course YMMV
>> Philippe
>>
>>> Marty