Subject: [Leica] have you seen the most perfect camera backpack?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:51:03 -0500

Backpacks are made to transport gear;
not to use gear (except in the case of 4x5 and larger).

I have a small one for the 5D, 24-70, 70-200, 2x, 580 flash and all related
cables, batteries, chargers, etc.
It stores and transports the 5D kit.
Once at the shoot - the camera goes to the shoulder, 2nd lens in small
shoulder bag,
with wallet, phone, etc;
backpack stays in the car.

I have a large one for the 8x10 Deardorf as well;
and is the only reasonable way to work with that kit on location;
likewise for the Linhof Tech IV.

I also have PortaBrace backpacks for lighting kits and large tripods.
They allow for putting a load on the back while also carrying shoulder bags.
Again this is about transportation and not walk around shooting use.

(I suspect that's what Kyle's looking for something to get a kit from point
A to point B;
anything shot along the way he'll handle with the iLeica or GF1 - is my
guess)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com