Subject: [Leica] Saturday Cabbage same time last year
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 20:19:28 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/091116_031638.jpg.html

This picture I feel like I've been coming across in my Adobe Bridge contact
sheet thingie for years but I see now its been one year almost to the day.

It was one of my first choices for a Friday flower  when I first joined a
some months ago but I held back as well... Its not really a flower I don't
think; its a cabbage like thingie. A wild cabbage perhaps. Or an exotic
Mongolian cabbage. I sure don't know I'm not a plant person. I just know at
3AM under the the warm yellow glow of the low pressure sodium street light
bulb hand held wide open at f1.8 .3 of a second it looks like something from
the set of "Little Shop of Horrors". You think you're going to eat it. But
then it eats you first. Actually ever since that night you think I am The
Rabs. But I am really Pod Rabs. (reference to Invasion of the Body
Snatchers).

I think there's a big difference between a shot I just got. And a shot I
keep seeing over and over again and every time I see it I  like it. I feel
much more secure about those shots. Those are the shots I normally show
people and stand behind.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com