Subject: [Leica] one more note on filters
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 17:36:29 -0700

In the past I never kept filters on my lenses but living close to the ocean,
with almost constant winds off the water, I have grudgingly accepted filters
as the lesser evil in our coastal environments. I can see salt deposits on
my living room windows, and I'd rather clean a filter from time to time than
the coating on a Leica lens. I certainly don't use filters in the desert or
in the mountains.
Oliver