Subject: [Leica] Macro Pano
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:20:49 -0700

Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 20:41:41 -0500
From: Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Macro Pano
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

It is really a cool shot, but I'm not sure if there is an
accomplishment,
except it seems a lot of work for the output.

I'd like to understand the why of the pano besides the fact that it was
there to do.

Hi Sonny,
Philippe and I were pondering the idea of a macro pano off list and I
thought the result interesting enough to post.
It involves stitching and focus stacking (a new term just learned from
Geoff) to keep the main items in focus as the
lens is panned to make each panel. I have done a bit of searching on
the internet and there are two ways of making macro panos - by moving
the tripod parallel to the subject for each shot or by rotating the
camera and focus stacking. This is new to me and fun to experiment
with so you're right - it was there to do - and there may be more if
the bees and wasps will cooperate.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Macro Pano)