Subject: [Leica] is this a bad pixel? (the bad kind of red dot)
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:16:44 -0400

  Is a bad pixel covered by the warranty in a new camera?  I'm new to
high-end digital cameras.

Using gross underexposure, the pixel is just visible even at screen
resolutions:

Annotated dark image 1/4000 @ f16 highlighting red dot

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/techie/xhot-pixel.jpg.html

Original dark image 1/4000 @ f16