Subject: [Leica] M9 firmware upload problems
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:52:10 -0700

Did you follow the instructions exactly? e.g. turning it on etc.? Make sure
to format the card on your camera and that it's a functional card on the
camera. Make sure your battery is mostly charged also.

It's correct that there is only one file. The way these embedded systems
work is that the firmware sees a magic file on your SD card, and then it
knows it loads it up into its internal memory.