Subject: [Leica] WAS ... "the beautiful faces...." NOW GRAND PARENTS!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:13:27 -0700

Hi George,
One of the things many of us have never had, is the privilege and honor of
speaking with our grand father. Mine died in the UK before WW1. However I've
had the honour of talking, "trying to educate?" ;-) my 10 grand children, 6
boys and 4 girls! The girls are absolutely impossible as they already know
the life cycle of everything in the world!  .. well?

At times I figure in this modern era of electronics I have learned far more
from them, than they from me. :-) Damn electronics, as much as I love it, my
grand son's here in Victoria, Canada bail me out and have shown me more than
I think any school teacher could do.

By the same token I have the great honour to announce my number 2 grand son,
" Scott (Wink) Grant" began his first college semester the other day in
becoming a photographer and a writer in journalism. I can't tell you how
thrilled I am at his choice, as he's already proven himself very well
shooting with an M6 and C41 B&W film. I think maybe "G'pa," as I'm referred
to by the grand children crew may have had a little influence in regard
to... "Shoot from the shadow side!" :-) :-) We shall see> ;-)

Maybe some day down the line "Wink Grant" maybe a recognized Leica name as a
shooter! :-) Be kind of cool if I survive that long.
cheers,
Dr. ted.