Subject: [Leica] PESO: Priceless
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:07:43 -0700

Jim Shulman showed:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/priceless+sm.jpg.html
> Leica M3, DR Summicron, Acros 100

Hi  Jim
Wonderful! It's called the "ART OF OBSERVATION!" Like the tattoo isn't out
there big in neon lights to catch your attention. You have it because you
are an observer of life about you and it was seen! :-)

And you made an interesting photo recording of these times in the USA!

One of the things many of you probably don't relate to about our photography
in the same fashion as images of someone in their 82nd year, with 60 years
of professionally recording life on this planet, that is?

We, all of us, are the recorders of how life is/was during our years doing
what we love with great passion.... photography of life about us on a daily
basis!

The tattoo as simple as it is, it's a small record of people during the 2010
year on this planet in the USA!

We are not just simple picture takers, we are the recorders of the history
of our people every time we photograph an event whatever it maybe!

Think about that the next time you go "click!" If it weren't for us how will
the people of 3010 know what it was like in our lifetime? Yep that's a long
time in the future. But we have all seen pictures of our countries and
people from many hundreds of years ago. So why shouldn't we leave a legacy
of who we are today?

Just a passing thought.

cheers,
Dr. ted.