Subject: [Leica] Lightroom Catalog Question
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:28:35 +0200

Dennis, I don't think you can have the catalog on a network drive, but I am
prepared to be corrected.

I travel reasonably frequently and have LR 3.2 on both my iMac at home and
on the Macbook Pro laptop that travels with me. However, the primary catalog
is on the iMac at home. When I go on a trip, I create a catalog specific to
that trip on the laptop. During the trip I process pictures etc. Just before
flying home I copy all the pictures and that trip catalog to my iPod, both
as a backup but also to transfer it to the desktop on return. Once
everything is on the desktop, I simply open the main catalog, do the
"file...import from catalog..." bit, point LR to the trip catalog, and
voila--everything is together.

It actually sounds more complicated than it is in practice.

Cheers,
Nathan