Subject: [Leica] 4/3 arguments
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 02:37:49 -0400

Its always educational and revealing or enlightening to see such a full or
near full sized file as is rare to see on the LUG. The first one at 1600 is
totally grain and noise free while there is some crispness in the second 400
iso file. How the first got that way is not in the metadata. It appears to
be mushed or smushed. What was it you put though? It almost appears at 1:1
to be jpeged at a severe setting but I have a feeling its not it. Its just
been de noised I would think in Photoshop as that's what I would have done
to it.  Maybe done in the raw stage. I'd not put it through such a high
setting though. Can see see the original without the de noising I'm guessing
it would be many times sharper? I do like the shot but it does have the look
of being overly "stepped on". Amazing at f4 the depth of field of a wide in
the 2x crop format.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com