Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:17:51 -0400

Philippe Amard wrote:

Le 15 sept. 10 ? 19:49, wildlightphoto at earthlink.net a ?crit :

>  I can identify the equipment from my prints.

Doesn't this have to do with memory?

A "blind" test with other photgs prints might prove trickier don't you
think?
<<<

When I show a stack of prints to gallery owners they have no idea what
equipment I'm using: brand, format, nothing.  The prints were made using
four brands of lenses.  The gallery owners have identified the prints they
want to show in the gallery from the stack, commenting on the special look
of the photos: typicaly it's the color quality and detail they mention.
The selected prints were all made with Leica lenses on the R8/DMR.  They're
the ones for sale in the gallery, the other prints made with other lenses
are not for sale so the photos made with Leica lenses are the ones that
sell.

Every time I've tried to economize with other equipment I've been
disappointed.  Apparently gallery owners can see the difference too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] (no subject))
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] (no subject))
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] (no subject))