Subject: [Leica] First camera
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:30:55 -0500

My first RF was a Retina II. But soon any photographer worth his salt had to
have an SLR, even if they never bought anything other than a 50/2 lens. So I
got a Mamiya 500 TL. The impression that I got from reading the Time/Life
photography series was that a Leica M was thing to have if your were a
photojournalist because of its reliability. It didn't occur to me at the
time that people using Leica M cameras were shooting in one day the volume I
shot in 6 months.

Jeffery

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] First camera)