Subject: [Leica] Salgado S2
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:15:14 -0500

Speaking from a very precise point of view;
I seem to recall A Adams discussing lens contrast in terms of dynamic range;
and altering exposure and development for both
the contrast of the scene
and
the contrast of the lens.

In the digital age a desire for a lower contrast lens
may also refer to a desire for more dynamic range to work with in the image
file.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com