Subject: [Leica] IMGs: add'l Global Union esp (kyle jayanand)
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 06:53:19 +0530

George,
I have never seen an electric sitar before, and that too one that is light
enough to be played standing up! In Indian classical music, where the sitar
has its roots, the only instrument that very very occasionally gets
amplified is the violin. Otherwise all the instruments used are accoustic.
Let me leave you with the first ever major collaboration of Indian/Western
fusion music that I know of, three titans of their respective instruments in
the 1960s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LweFmb8q2ZE&feature=related<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtzrbbJ6N2g>

Cheers
Jayanand