Subject: [Leica] IMGs: add'l Global Union esp (kyle jayanand)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:41:58 -0500

Ah yes Jayanand.
I have been listening to sitars and tablas since 1964 or 5.
I purchased my first sitar LP from Rizzoli's bookstore in New York in 65;
Ali Akbar Kahn if memories serves correctly.
Attended a Ravi Shankar in Chicago in the early 70's.
I continue to listen to sitar music at least a few times a month.

The Rolling Stones used a sitar in "Paint it Black" in 66.
Can't remember when the Beatles' George Harrison actually laid down a sitar
track
pretty sure it was mid to late 60's.

But of course the Shankar/Menuhin collaboration
truly preserved the very best of both classical Indian
and Western musical traditions.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com