Subject: [Leica] near jenner....
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:14:01 -0700

Steve Barbour showed:
Subject: picnic...
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2010/judithcody.jpg.html
> along the coast near Jenner....<<<<<<<<,

Hi Steve
Beautiful compositions, scenes are gorgeous! My preference?  I just changed
my mind "again!" :-) The first two are by far the best.

I think it's in this order, Number 1 is first and number 2 second.

OOPS! Changed my mind again, naw it's photo #2 first because there is a
greater composition balance between each element and the over all scene is
beautiful of the west coast. And the "players" balance very well one onto
the other.

But for old fashion out and out simplicity of design and the single figure
walking down the road  as the road curves around and out lower left corner
it's quiet a beauty!

See how hard it is making a decision of which is the better when one tries
to do a critique? Damn yer good old buddy! :-) First class images anyone
would be pleased to put on the wall as photo decor!

OK so here is the simple way to fix this.... "IT'S A DRAW!" There are 2
firsts! Because when you begin to click back and forth trying to make a
final decision you change your mind as each mage comes on the screen! It's a
very tough call.

Now if we were to place a print of each, side by side, there would still be
a tough call, but  eventually even with great discussion back and forth I
think the number 2 photo would win out..... MAYBE! That's why in a room with
judges it would be wild discussion back and forth as every detail would be
dissected and I bet they would come to a draw!

The 3rd photo. A short comment. The "players are too clustered? Too big for
the scene in comparison to the other 2!" They're so dominant your eye just
crashes into them and stays right there at their backs and you miss
everything else.

It would be very interesting to enter these in competition and see what
happens!

A great way to start my day, looking at a couple of beautiful photographs!
Good on you with these two big-time!

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] near jenner....)