Subject: [Leica] Red Breasted Sapsucker
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 20:54:50 -0700

Hi Luggers,
I was up on my study balcony this morning cleaning eaves and inserting
screening to keep the pine cones out of the drains over the winter
when I heard this "tap tap tap".
I turned and looked up. It was a red breasted sap sucker tapping for
worms. I grabbed my D700 with the 70 - 200 VR zoom and 2 X extender on
it and fired off a couple of shots - 1/200 at f7.1 - ISO 400. The bird
turned and looked at me and very clearly said "You are not Doug Herr
and that is not a Leica" and he flew away. :-)

Here's one of the shots.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Macro/RedbreastedSapsucker.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/337jcun

C &C always welcome.

Cheers

Howard (still on Pender Island but getting ready to go)

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Red Breasted Sapsucker)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Red Breasted Sapsucker)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Red Breasted Sapsucker)