Subject: [Leica] IMG: In the dying of the light - Lake Tahoe, 2 October 2010
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 07:22:22 -0700

Sonny Carter said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: In the dying of the light - Lake Tahoe, 2 October
2010

> Another alternative would be to cut the bottom of the shot, giving the
> image
> a wide screen format.  When you do, you lose the floats, and strengthen
> the
> rain and light to the left, giving better balance to the shot.
>
> When I first saw the image, it was that way, because I was viewing on my
> wide screen laptop.
>
>> http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Lake-Tahoe/14018035_JMVt4#1031308895_W5M4e-A-LB
> Regards,

Hi Sonny,
Jeeesh!  I don't know how I missed doing that crop as it works very nicely!
I put the photo back on screen, held up a crop card in front of the screen
and there was the improved image immediatily!

Quite often I use a white crop card hlding it up whle moving it around
usually on scenics when there are large expanses of water, ground or sky,
turning them into wide screen images and I missed doing it this time. Your
suggestion is a major fix!
ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] IMG: In the dying of the light - Lake Tahoe, 2 October 2010)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] IMG: In the dying of the light - Lake Tahoe, 2 October 2010)