Subject: [Leica] Venice
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 20:24:05 -0400

Having grown up in NYC and worked there, I simply loathe large
advertisements.  From the article I had the impression that the ads were
put on scaffolding used in the repair of the structures.  The ads are
unsightly all right, but presumably not much worse than the base
scaffolding and presumably only up for the duration of the repair work.
Perhaps there could be a compromise where the ads could be in monochrome
so as to be less visually jarring.  As Jim notes, if the other choices
to fund renovation are higher taxes for residents or visitors, or simply
neglect of the structures, this solution might not be so bad.

-rei

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at bellsouth.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Venice)
Message from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Venice)