Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Beauty and its beholders
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:12:35 -0700

At 09:45 AM 10/4/2010, you wrote:
>I'm always torn by stuff like this because my first thought is
>always "well, it's someone else's sculpture" which means that
>whatever "bang" comes out of the image needs to come from the _way_
>it was photographed rather than the sculpture itself. One should
>look at the photo and go "what an amazing photo!" not "what a clever
>sculpture".

Excellent observation, Kyle. I wrote in my blog awhile back: "Taking
photographs of another person's art is a little like shooting fish in
a barrel."
http://northcoastphotos.com/sites/northcoastphotos.com/previous_site/Lympa_2008_01_24.htm

George - I did enjoy the sculpture photos as a story - the people add
a nice photo-journalistic touch.

Gary Todoroff

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMGs: Beauty and its beholders)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMGs: Beauty and its beholders)