Subject: [Leica] leica X1
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:19:39 -0400

I find the viewfinder on the GF1 indispensable -- I just can't compose at
arms length, i don't think the paradigm's likely to shift in the pro photo
crowd. it's nice to be able to look at a display on the camera back
(especially one that swivels) from time to time, but if you can't hold it up
to your eye, i'm hard pressed to think that it would be terribly useful for
any serious photography. all the old-time crappy p&s digital cameras used to
have optical viewfinders built in (the digilux has one) - i can see getting
rid of it for a consumer camera -- but not on something you expect will get
pro-use. they could have included a wire-frame flip up peep sight and audio
focus confirmation and it would have been more appealing.

(speaking from not having used an X1 for more than 5 minutes, so take it for
what it's worth)

kc