Subject: [Leica] "R" lenses on digital bodies
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 06:26:24 +0000 (GMT)

I think Mark is on the money over what the price would have to be. At least
10k
to make it worthwhile to Leica, probably more.
That means no-one would buy it. This is the realistic but unfortunate
conclusion
everybody has come to. Thats why we won't get one.
The potential sales volume does not get anywhere near paying for product
development. AFAIK no Leica developed R camera has ever made any money for
them.
FD