Subject: [Leica] R-Series Reality
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 01:18:07 -0400

How much macro and extreme long photo work does most people do? I shot M6's
through out the 90's fully expecting to need my Nikon Macros and longer
teles on a regular bases. I almost never did.
That fact is an M gets it pretty darned close an a 135 3.4 APO is not short.
I watched the flash go off thousands of times through my frame lines on the
white backdrop the flash being Balcar Strobes. And I used a 90 or 135.

I thought about Leica R or Leicaflex or Contax for my minimal SLR needs.
But realized that these needs were just to minimal to bother with more
cameras more systems. The Nikons don't embarrass me and are fun to use.
The pictures just seem to somehow come out. Hung next to a Leica picture
they really seem ok.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com