Subject: [Leica] My son taking pictures when he was 4 years old with his first camera
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 04:23:39 -0400

When my son, who is now 13 years old, was four years old, I got him his
first real camera. He had been shooting with Fuji Quicksnap single use
cameras for about a year before that and had gotten quite good. He used so
many, it was getting too expensive! Regular 35mm film was much cheaper than
the Quicksnaps, so I got him a Canon Sure Shot Owl for his fourth birthday.
The photos in the link below were taken by me soon after he got the camera.
We were taking pictures of each other, he with his Canon Owl, me with a
Hasselblad.

http://tinyurl.com/mack-camera

He shoots with a Nikon D70 now, which he uses to photograph scenes he builds
with Lego bricks. He's experimenting with making stop-motion animations with
the photos. There's a link to his stuff on youtube on the webpage linked
above. His stuff is REALLY good for a kid his age, and he taught himself to
do the animation stuff. I have no clue how to do that. I just taught him to
use the manual camera and how to process the RAW files in Photoshop!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook