Subject: [Leica] "R" lenses on digital bodies
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (vick.ko at sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:02:21 +0000

Anemic????

I just paid a king's ransom for a 15mm f2.8 ASPH R (i.e. as much as a
Noctilux, and I had to negotiate hard).

And lots of money for a 35mm f1.4 R (there is one on the 'bay now, and it is
climbing)

Both those lenses are supposedly stellar in performance.  And both quite rare

It is amazing to see the 15mm in the SLR viewfinder - so much more revealing
than with an auxiliary viewfinder on an M.

As for other stellar R lenses:

- 50mm f1.4 E60 - Puts' calls it a stellar lens, up there with their M
counterparts
- 60mm f2.8 - some love it.
- 80mm f1.4 - an amazing piece of glass, up there with the 75mm f1.4
Summilux-R in rendition
-180mm f3.4 APO-Telyt - was designed at stringent mil-specs and transferred
to civilian usage
- 80-200 f4, and the monstrous 70-180 f2.8 zooms.  They are better than the
prime lens equivalents

The R line is no slouch.  And I only wish their prices were anemic.

....Vick