Subject: [Leica] Shipment from Overseas
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:38:22 -0500

I've gotten camera stuff from Australia, Canada, Japan and Argentina and
have never been charged duty.    I've usually used Priority Mail or the
country's equivalent.

Registered airmail is the safest, as it ships in padlocked bags from place
to place, so you don't need to insure it.

I also buy Birkenstocks from a dealer in Germany with the same result.