Subject: [Leica] Yodobashi Stores - Tokyo
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:57:25 -0400

When I was in Tokyo a few weeks ago I had to check out the camera stores, of
course, and I had heard Yodobashi was the largest and had everything.
Yodobashi turned out be not just a camera store but a giant
everything-electrical store, rather like an over sized Best Buy here in the
States.  Washing machines, stoves, A/Cs, stereo gear, radios, fans, ...
yada, yada, yada, as Jerry Seinfeld might say.

I went to two of them, one in Shinjuku; the other in Akihabara.  They both
occupy full city blocks and are eight stories high.  Every available surface
was covered with ads and posters, even the stair and escalator steps, and
street hawkers just outside the main entrance, young gals, shouted out the
bargains to be found inside.

The Akihabara store had the most cameras and seemed to have complete stocks,
even the 8mm Lumix fisheye that's just starting to show up here.  No
surprises in the Nikon or Leica sections, though, just one of everything you
might want.

All the visual cacophony left me dizzy.  Make sure you're sitting down
before looking.  :-)

The pictures start here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2010_tokyo/P1010889.jpg.html
or