Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Weird Wednesday: Noodle Goo?
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:39:33 +0900

You've started a great institution, Larry,

here's my Weird Wednesday:  Noodle Goo.  (Taken with my phone camera
accidentally set to the lowest rez).

Product designers for the Japanese market often use English for the
range of typesets available, and for the perceived cool international
factor.  They don't care a jot, why should they, about how it reads to
a native speaker.  The word 'good' is often shortened to 'goo' in
Janglish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/5038957268/#/photos/
geordiepete/5038957268/lightbox/

If any LUGgers would like to sample some Noodle Goo, just mail me 600
yen in a self addressed package.

Peter Cheyne