Subject: [Leica] Well I went and did it
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:45:56 -0500

  I ordered an M9.  It will be delivered soon.  Can't wait to play with
it.  Since I have not been reading the LUG in a long while, just do not
have the time. I have a few quick questions so that I can get the most
out of the camera.

1) where is the best place to get the lenses coded?  I know some will
say Leica, anywhere else who is quick, reliable, and reasonable?  I
really do not want a 2 or three week turnaround.

2) Is it really necessary to get the lenses coded? Lenses I have are the
Voigtlander 12 (how would one even code that animal?) The 28 elmarit pre
asph, 35 'cron 3rd, 50 noctilux with builtin hood, 90 'cron pre asph.  I
also have and use the 40 1.4 Voigtlander and 50 f 2.0 Konica Hexxanon
M.  Which of those really need the coding and which do not?

3) What memory cards "play" best with the M9?

I have been shooting my Leica glass on my little G2 for the past month
or two and absolutely love it.  That is one thing that has made me want
the M9 so bad.  I had forgotten how sweet the small cameras are. So much
better than these heavy 1D3 and 1D4 monsters I am lugging around.

Thanks!

Harrison.
--
Harrison McClary