Subject: [Leica] D700
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 00:49:45 -0400

2010-10-20-00:33:08 Mark Rabiner:
> I could kick myself for letting it go as long as it did it was like I was
> in
> limbo. But I'm turning 60 in January and so its no time to sit around.
> I'll be posting photos first day I'm sure hope you like them! I'd think
> this
> week or next.

That's very cool.  I've seen very good pictures from D700s, and very
good pictures from Rabses.  The combination should be unbeatable.

Or unstoppable.  Like David Rees's new fighting technique.

http://www.mnftiu.cc/

So the last thing I want to do is put your new D700 on hold, but I
wanted to make sure you saw this "wait - update expected"
prognostication about D700s and potential replacements (which is of
course rumor-mongering and guesswork, and which you'll probably want
to ignore; but better to ignore on purpose than because of not seeing
it).

http://nikonrumors.com/prices

And of course any likely replacement would probably have more
megapixies, and you're not a more-megapixie fan mostly.

 -Jeff

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] D700)