Subject: [Leica] Moving up to Leica D700
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:02:02 -0400

I'm glad some of you guys are pulling for me; I'm moving up.
Had been shooting with a D200 on my good days since I got it before leaving
Portland for here, NYC 3/30/2006. So I've been using it for 4.6 years!
That's not bad even for a film camera.
The D300 came out halfway back which was much nicer but more importantly
professional and serious work went solidly into the full frame 24x36 area in
this interim.
First with eight thousand dollar specials. And then less then a year later
as usual they came out with the streamlined models that most people
including pros get -- priced to sell. In effect as Kyle says the F100.
Though the F100 you'd get for 1000 bucks and An F5 for two and a half grand.
That was 1999.
" So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999"
When the D700 first came out it was going for $2,999.95 August 2008.
And you'd think you'd have to spend three grand for a camera like that.
Now they're $2,399 but with tax and license a few hundred more.
That's the kind of money I'm not seeing so much of any more.
But I put my foot down and pulled it off.

Mark William Rabiner Photography
Cars for the NYTimes:
http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb
mark at rabinergroup.com