Subject: [Leica] D700
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:34:42 +1030

No, this was the 24-120 f3.5-5.6 VR AF-S.  I didn't know it had been
redesigned.  I got sent that one, the 3.5-5.6 on a review camera in
April.  I have enough decent glass now that when I get Nikons for
review I ask them to send the camera without a lens.  I didn't know it
had been redesigned, but the new glass gets released in Australia a
while, sometimes several months, after the rest of the world.

One sad thing the D3x made me realise is that my much loved 28 1.4
AF-D is showing its age.  I always knew it wasn't as good as the
Summicron, but it was starting to look rather ragged wide open and
close up on the D3x.

Marty