Subject: [Leica] Handstrap for M(9)?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 07:16:45 +1000

Howard I have the RRS baseplate and L bracket. I didn't bother with the
grip. It looks a little bulky but then I have not actually handled one and
as Sonny commented it looks a little slick to hold too. The L bracket is
very useful if you put your camera on a tripod a lot (close ups, panoramas)
which I do. You can still get the Leica grip which is the base plate with
vertical extension. The M8 one fits too. Not very elegant but if you can
pick one up for reasonable money maybe worth a look. Hint, you can put a
little bi-directional quick release plate on that too for tripod, if
wanted.
Another option is that you can get half cases with grips of different sizes
from small bulge to full SLR type grip. Those make a large difference for
portrait orientation (Luigi, A&A, Mr Zhou) if that suits you. I always have
a wrist strap on my camera as it is generally in a bag if not in my hand.
Oh, get a Thumbs Up! Tina for example swears by them and even mere mortal
photogs like me find them very helpful. That's enough gadgets to keep you
thinking and fiddling for a while!
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman