Subject: [Leica] Adventures in Alpha-land
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:33:23 -0500

> The Alpha full frame sensor isn't so hot on super-high ISO...

Correct. Neither is the 24mp D3x compared to the 12mp D3s. It's a
'sensor thing'. Could be one of the reasons Leica went with 18mp for
the M9, best of both worlds?. With the a900 ISO 3200 and 6400 are for
emergencies only, pretty noisy, although thye're there if you need
them. The D3s is probably still the champ in the super-high ISO world.

Jim Laird