Subject: [Leica] Am I being stupid? (R content)
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 00:11:35 +0100

The thing to do is pick up and handle each of the
suggested R cameras when you get the chance and see
which one fits best to your eye and hands..

I have SL, SL2, and R3 to R7 cameras that are all just
right for my quite large hands and left-eyed viewing,
but I couldn't get friendly at all with the R8/R9,
although many say it's the ultimate in ergonomics.

My personal favourites are the R5 and R7 (and the
SL2Mot - but only because it's big, chunky, angular and
mean looking with that colossal motor attached - and
makes wonderful noises in continuous mode:-) ).

The R5 has the added benefit that it runs on the
winder/motor batteries when the metering batteries
fail, while the R7 doesn't. The R7 has a separate
mirror lock-up facility (useful for macro) and is
better equipped for flash photography.

Cheers
Douglas