Subject: [Leica] OT : Some 4/3 (not MFT) users might want to sign this.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 10:55:24 -0500

Its truly ironic for this to happen to the Olympus company as with Yoshihisa
Maitani's, OM1 it  shifted the Paradigm of what you're holding in your hands
and clicking with when you were not using a Leica M but a more by then
commonly used SLR. A bloated Canon F1 or Nikon F or F2 in the early 1970's.

That the heirs of Yoshihisa Maitani were not able to figure this out is
nothing short of amazing. A lat of foresight in management no doubt.

I can see the micro 4/3's format still being viable if they can get somebody
to make a truly compact camera to reflect that.
As in pocketable. As in your pants pocket.

As sensor technology gets better the reason for them to be as big gets
smaller and smaller.

The 4/3's format in 5 years will be viewed as using 35mm film in the 1940's.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb