Subject: [Leica] Comparison M9, R9
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:51:37 -0600 (CST)

Mark,

I'm not saying the imaging qualities of the M9 sensor are inferior, as I'm
sure they are far better.  However, what I am saying is that whoever Leica
is using for their firmware on the M8/9 does not have the experience or
expertise in the color management/dynamic range area as Imacon's people.
Probably why Hasselblad bought them and then cancelled the contract with
Leica, among other reasons.  After all, for 2 10.3MB sensors, one has image
files of 10 MB, and the other has files of 19MB, there has to be allot more
going on in the firmware for such a large difference.  Yes, I know the M9 is
18MB, so the comparison is for the M8 and DMR here.

Cheers,
Gene