Subject: [Leica] 21 mm lens for M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:03:04 -0500

To me though 2.8 and 4.5 are league apart as f stops.
The lenes they'd make around would have no way of being similar.
A 4.5 lens as for an SLR they'd not even make at this point it would take a
rangefinder camera to focus it. Hence the huge advantage of a rangefinder
camera. You get to make great use of a very compact "slow" optic.
Lightweight. Easy to make ultra sharp. And for very few money units.
I'd start off with the VC 4.5 for walking around lens
Then on a round numbered birthday get a 21mm Asph 2.8
I'd have the cake made in the shape of one.
Or get it as a cookie jar.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com