Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Western Wall at night
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:36:17 -0800

Peter Klein showed:

> We've just returned from two weeks in Israel.  Here are three shots from
> the Western Wall in Jerusalem, which we visited after dark. M8, 35/1.4
> Summilux ASPH.
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/L1007775-w.jpg.html>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/L1007773-w.jpg.html>
>
> Obviously, I didn't take this last shot, but I did focus the camera and
> asked a member of our bus tour group to stand where I stood and do the
> honors.
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/L1007786-w.jpg.html>

Hi Peter,

Somethings never change! ;-) The wall looks just the same as it did on Day 6
of the 6 DAY WAR 1967 when I was photographing Israelis' and soldiers
praying on this very spot. The first time to see it, particularly on such an
incredible day was quite moving!

Although not of the Jewish faith, I too stood there and said a prayer
thanking the Great Spirt for keeping me safe while covering my first real
shooting war! It was a great day to be alive!

cheers,
ted