Subject: [Leica] So - DMR or Nikon D700 and Leitax adapters?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:35:45 -0500

Vick Ko wrote:

... is it better to get a Nikon D700 and a bag of Leitax adapters, than an
R9 and DMR, in terms of image and file quality?  The crop factor doesn't
bother me that much.  And I do own two Leica lenses that will be
incompatible with the Nikon.

But I perceive that the D700 will have better longevity than the DMR.  Is
that a false perception?
<<<

Your call, Vick.  Here's how I see it:

Longevity: probably the D700 is better and almost certainly less costly
Low-ISO image quality: DMR
High-ISO image quality: D700
variety of lenses available: D700
quality of lenses available: DMR, though selected Nikon and Zeiss ZF lenses
are pretty good.
viewfinder: DMR
R-lens use: D700 uses more of the image circle, DMR uses more of the
resolution and the auto diaphragm

Also check the Sony A900, might be fewer lens compatability problems.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -